Eva started her career as a graphic designer and worked for several years in the advertising industry where she gained valuable experience from various agencies in Munich, Stuttgart and Karlsruhe. She also lived in Cork, Ireland, from 2008 to 2016 and speaks fluent English – with a slight Cork accent.
In 2004 Eva decided to pursue her long time dream of becoming a freelance illustrator and concept artist with her main focus on character art in both traditional and digital media. Since then, her work has been published in a wide variety of books, magazines and games.
Her work has become renowned for it’s realistic and evocative edge. Especially her character art, which truly shows the personality of the subject and enhances that with close attention to every detail from anatomy, clothing and weaponry, to lighting and scenery.
Instead of focusing entirely upon the gaming industry, Eva has continually challenged herself and her style by working on everything from historical, educational books to high-end concept art for clients within various fields including the film and comic industry.
Seeking to continue to challenge herself and produce imaginative and thought provoking art and design, Eva is always open to contact from professional clients who are looking for something with personality and flair.
Eva has been a visiting lecturer at CIT and LIT in Ireland, teaching character development and concept art for games and animation and giving the students insights into the working life of a freelance illustrator. She also held several talks, workshops and courses, for example at the Northern Lights Workshop in Stockholm, Sweden; Nunavut College in Iqaluit, Canada; Dublin Illustration Workshop at Digit Games, Galway Film Fleadh, Q-Con in Belfast and in University College Cork, Ireland.
Qualifications + Skills:
- • Strong knowledge of both digital and traditional drawing and painting techniques
- • Excellent sketching skills
- • Development of key art images and character illustrations from concept to finished product
- • Strong knowledge and years of experience in graphic design, print and production processes
- • Ability to work in a variety of styles
- • Ability to adapt to and mimic pre-existing styles and design direction
- • Great organisation, self-motivation and communication skills and a team-player attitude
- • Passion for culture, history, fashion, comic, games, film and art
- • Fluent in English and German